- If you use reading glasses, wear them for this test
- Make sure you have adequate lighting
- Hold the grid at your normal reading distance
- Cover one of your eyes with the palm of your hand
- Stare at the center dot on the grid
- While looking at the center dot, observe how the lines appear
- Are any lines wavy or distorted?
- Are any of the lines missing or blurry?
- Are any of the boxes different in size or shape?
- Test the other eye
This grid should be used daily as per instructions to test for symptoms of macular degeneration which can include one or more of the following symptoms:
- distortion where straight lines appear wavy or bent.
- dark patches or empty spaces appearing in the center of your vision.
If you experience any concerns or distortion, please call at 866-340-EYES our office to schedule an appointment.