Am I a Candidate for LASIK?
Millions of people have had successful laser vision correction surgery. If this is something
you are considering, you are probably also asking yourself if you are a fully qualified candidate. We will only recommend LASIK for the very best candidates. There are other alternatives to LASIK surgery that can be discussed if you are not
Qualified LASIK candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Over the age of 18
- In good general health
- Nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism
- Vision has been stable for 1 or more years
During your LASIK evaluation you will undergo testing to determine the following:
- Measurement of corneal thickness
- Complete review of overall eye health
- Measurement of prescription for refractive errors
- Glasses and contact lens history review
- Custom LASIK measurements
- Dry eye test
- Dilation of the eye to view the retina
- Measurement of pupil size
After Dr. Adelson has completed the LASIK evaluation exam, he will then be able to determine if you are a candidate for LASIK. If for some reason you are not a LASIK candidate, we can recommend another option for vision correction.
Call today to schedule your free LASIK consultation at 866-340-EYES.