ReSTOR Lens Implant
The ReSTOR lens is the most recent innovation in lens implant technology allowing patients to be completely free of reading glasses or bifocals. This new lens is FDA approved and provides clear vision at all distances – near, intermediate and far. The ReSTOR IOL is implanted during cataract surgery or vision correction surgery to replace the natural lens which may be clouded by cataracts. This new lens provides enhanced vision quality and a full range of vision, giving patients an increased independence from reading glasses and bifocals.
Our eyes work are constantly working. Whether we are reading or watching TV, our eyes continue to focus on different things at different distances. As we age, the ability for our eyes to change focus, weakens, which leads to the need for glasses. By combining the strengths of diffractive and refractive technologies, the ReSTOR lens provides quality near, intermediate and distance vision. What is unique about ReSTOR? The lens has the ability to consistently offer patients improved vision at a range of distances, from close-up to middle and far. Because ReSTOR doesn’t work with the muscles of the eye, it is not dependent on a mechanical process or the movement of the lens to give clear vision. Anyone who has a normal eye exam and is dependent on glasses or contacts may be a candidate.
Clinical Trial Data for the Acrysof IQ ReSTOR IOL:
The US clinical trials included a three-month follow-up exam of near, intermediate and distance visual acuities.
- The clinical studies also showed a high rate of patient satisfaction with over 95 percent of patients stating that they would have this lens implanted again.
- 80% of patients reported that after lens implant surgery with ReSTOR lenses, they never needed glasses or contact lenses to see clearly at all distances near, far and in-between.
- 99% of patients could see well enough to drive a car without glasses or contacts.
- 97% of patients could read the newspaper without reading glasses or bifocals.
- 90% of patients could shave or put on makeup without glasses or contacts.
- 80% of patients NEVER wear glasses for any activities.
If you have developed cataracts or are looking into laser vision correction and are interested in more information on this lens, please contact our office at 866-340-EYES to schedule an appointment. Dr. Adelson will discuss options and determine whether you are a candidate for this lens.